Enrollment Policy: A Torchlight Real Estate Academy is open to the general public and licensed by the NJ Real Estate Commission to conduct salesperson, continuing education (CE) and broker courses. The fee for the salespersons course is $300.00 early bird Special 30 days prior $343.00, if received 8 or more days prior to the day class begins. Tuition is $360.00 if registration and deposit are received 7 days or less prior to the date class begins. Students must have a high school diploma or equivalent and be 18 years of age or older to qualify to take the state examination for licensing as a real estate salesperson. Each student must provide a copy of a valid ID (i.e. drivers license, passport, etc)
Any individual who has a physical or mental impairment or limitation described as a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act, and requires any special accommodation, you must contact the school before enrolling. Certain accommodations require New Jersey Real Estate Commission’s advance approval and may not be available for ATLREA classes.
- Registration: $100 must be paid in advance to register. Books will be distributed upon receipt of fully paid registration. The balance of the total tuition is payable prior to the first day of class. Classes may be postponed to another date if less than 4 students are pre-registered, in which event registration fees will be carried forward to the next school session. The registration fee and cost of books will be applied towards another class. A student may receive a full tuition refund if there is a conflict with the new class schedule.
- Payment Policy: Full payment is required prior to the first session of class. A Torchlight Real Estate Academy accepts money orders, bank cheque or credit cards. If a cheque is returned for non-sufficient funds, a $40 fee will be assessed and the full balance will be due immediately before the student may continue in class. Any class time missed at this time will be counted towards the 15% maximum allowable miss time described in the course completion section below.
- CLASSROOM REFUND / TUITION POLICY: All students must read and agree to our school Tuition Refund Policy as written below upon entrance.
Every student that has paid in full will be guaranteed a seat in class. Included in the tuition is a $100 non-refundable registration fee for Salesperson Pre-licensing. A student may request a refund in writing prior to the start of class for the refundable portion of the tuition. Written notice must be received by the school no later than 48 hours prior to the class start date. No refunds will be issued after the first class is completed, except for sickness, injury or extreme emergency, with proof of the above reasons given in writing, in which event, refund of prepaid tuition shall be pro-rated. Any student who determines that they may not be eligible for licensure due to their anticipated response to any of the Real Estate Commission’s “eight qualifying questions,” which will be provided the first day of class, may withdraw their enrollment and receive a full refund provided that they notify the School Director and/or the instructor before the beginning of their next class session.
In the event that the school director cancels a class, the student will receive a full and prompt refund or option of crediting the funds toward next scheduled class session.
- CERTIFICATE OF COURSE COMPLETION: A Torchlight Real Estate Academy will administer quizzes and a final examination.
To obtain a Certificate of Course Completion, all students must receive a passing grade on the final examination of at least 70% on both sections of the final examination; full tuition payment and completion of the required hours (see attendance section) are required in order to receive certification from the school. A student may take the final examination up to 2 times which must be taken within 30 days of the course completion date.
- Duplicate Certificates: In the event the certificate is lost, a duplicate may be obtained from the school by request. An administrative fee of $25 will be charged for the duplicate.
- Attendance: The NJ Real Estate Commission mandates the attendance policy. Students must attend 80% of the 75 hours required in order to receive a Certificate of Satisfactory Completion. All late arrivals and early departures will be recorded and if the hours exceed the allotted limits, the student must begin the class again. No student may sign in or out for another student.
If there is a chance of inclement weather all students will follow the local community college closing notification by calling the main number 908-222-0006 to hear announcements or by listening to school closings on the TV/Radio. If the local college announces a late opening.
- RECORD RENTENTION: School records are maintained by the school and are available for a period of at least five (5) years.
- FINANCIAL AID: Financial aid is not available at this time for courses offered by A Torchlight Real Estate Academy.
- WHAT TO BRING: Students should bring with them a notebook, basic calculator and highlighter.Pack of flash cards for Definitions and optional,a real estate dictionary.
- Calculators/Tape Recorder: Only hand-held, silent, solar powered or battery operated calculators are permitted in the classroom. Recording and video devices will not be allowed in the classroom unless a special need is determined with the director before the first classroom session.
- Study Material: Students must use the books and materials that are currently required and supplied by the school. A reduction of $25 will be reflected on the student contract at enrollment for any student who already has the textbook and materials currently in use.
- Special Needs – Any student that has a special need due to medical concerns or a handicap must inform the director at the time of registration.
- STUDENT BEHAVIOUR / DISCIPLINARY POLICY: When taking our educational courses, students are expected to comply with all policies as stated within this notice. Failure to adhere to these policies may invalidate student eligibility for course credit. (These situations will be reviewed on a case by case basis.)
- Dismissal Policy – Any student that is disruptive or displays unprofessional conduct will be dismissed from the class. The decision of the instructor and Director is final.
- NON-DISCRIMINATION POLICY: A Torchlight Real Estate Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, handicap, or familial status in the establishment of fees, entrance qualifications or standards for successful completion of any course.